JAVA – APPLET
- Applet is a type of java program .
- Applet is embedded in the web pages and create/design the dynamic web page / content.
- Applet program runs inside web browser and works client sides.
- Applet are use to create the dynamic and entertaining web site.
- Applet is a sub class of java.applet.Applet class.
- applet class will not define main () method.
- java plug-in software is responsible to manage the applet life cycle.
Life Cycle of an applet :-
- java.applet.Applet class are provide 4 life cycle method.
- public void init() :- this method is the first method to be called. it is initialized the applet. this method is called only once time during the run time.
- public void start() :- start () are use to start the applet.
- public void stop() :- stop () method is automatically called after when the user move off the page on applet site . it is used to stop the applet.
- public void destroy() :- destroy the applet.
- init(), start(), stop(), destroy() method inherited from java.applet.Applet.
- java.awt.Component class are provide 1 life cycle method.
- public void paint() :- paint () method provide the graphics class object. its use to drwa rectangle, angle, square, line , oval, etc.
Create Applet :-
public class welcome extends Applet
public void paint(Graphics g)
g.drawString(“WELCOME”, 30, 30);